Here’s a diagram illustration I did for an inspirational article how we should make smart decisions.
The article was presenting ways great leaders take decisions. So I made a diagram representing the pieces of advice on smart decision making.
Adding the illustration to blog article makes the core text more eye-catching and remembered.
My two final versions of the illustration:
Version 1 – light blue scribble style:
Version 2 – more heavy looking violet flat style:
The source article is here: How Successful People Make Smart Decisions, written by Dr. Travis Bradberry, co-author of book Emotional Intelligence 2.0.
Blog illustration design hints
A few notes how such simple infographics illustration can be designed:
- Because the article contained an unordered list of equal value items, I applied simple list type diagram. I chose a central circle to create a compact diagram look.
- Finally I designed two proposals, one in a modern flat infographics style – this one is more heavy graphics with high contrast squares. Such style is good if the infographics should overtake the reader attention. Another proposal is a light one, using unique hand-drawn scribble shapes and symbols – a central circle and only icons. This version fits better if you want the infographics to be only an addition to the article. Such blog illustration will add a personal touch to the article.
- I added various icon images representing emotions, time, exercise … to all items, not to have only the text labels. The goal is to create a visual association with each point.
Further articles on presentation graphics
For more inspiration on using visuals in your presentations, check out these articles as well:
- How to show a Strategy idea in a presentation
- Using modern flat icons for presentation infographics
- How to get creative with Sketchnoting presentation
Looking for more creative presentation graphics? Get on our newsletter and never miss an announcement. You’ll stay informed about all of our new updates. Plus, if you sign in for our newsletter you’ll get a Creative slide design guide with free hand drawn shapes, absolutely FREE!