Do you want to add eye-catchy intersection diagram to your presentation? In this blog, we share a few inspiration ideas for creating Venn chart in PowerPoint.
Venn intersection diagram is a perfect tool for illustrating the logical relationships between two or more sets of items. This template will help you to organize overlapping information and show the common points between the presented categories. Using a diagram visualization your slides will get clarity and simplicity.
What You Achieve Using Venn Intersection Diagram
You have probably learned first about Venn diagrams in primary school math class. However, they are great presentation visualization tool to be used also in the business world, for problem-solving presentations or for a product characteristics. Those overlapping circle drawings are simple enough to get the attention of your audience and explain more complex issues, assuming there is some common part. Venn diagrams are fast to modify: you can add text inside circles or replace it with a few clicks. That’s why they are universal visualization tool to be used in a wide area of presentations, technical webinars and meetings, or for more high-level managerial conference keynotes.
Making even more creative Venn charts infographics may not be complicated. To help you make more advanced Venn infographics quickly, we share a few visualization tips:
1. Add Vivid Colors to Your Intersection Diagram
Below you can see an example of the boring mono-color Venn chart and an upgraded one. Using bright colors help to catch attention and focus your audience on the main – intersection part. Thanks to this diagram you can illustrate a few items and logic between them. Play with adding wider white contour to the Venn circles to show borders more clearly.
2. Use Icons to Illustrate Intersection Area
Presenting Venn chart with flat symbols is a good opportunity to make an understandable and visually stimulating slide. Thanks to adding simple flat icons you can make a visually appealing presentation without overloading with text information.
3. Illustrate the Venn Diagram with Semi-Transparent Circles
If you want to make presentation outstanding but still keeping it simple, this kind of graphics will be perfect for you. Below we presented Venn diagram illustrated with semi-transparent colorful circles. We also propose you to illustrate text-box with a description separate from the diagram, by a line call-out text placeholder. It helps you to avoid clutter on your Venn graphics slide.
4. Creative Venn Diagrams with Patchwork and Scribble Graphics
Below you can see a few examples of the Venn charts that will help to make the unique and interesting design, not the same visuals as others. 🙂 Using a dotted or scribble lines will help you to stay professional and creative at the same time. Thanks to vivid line colors and hand-drawn icons your audience will be concentrated on the topic.
Takeaway: Venn as a tool for engaging intersection slides
We demonstrated layouts that will help your presentation looks innovative to keep up with trends. You can reuse one of those diagrams or create your own graphics using presented tricks. Thanks to this tips your slides won’t be plain or boring.
For more ideas on using diagrams to replace texts, check this presentation or I recommend a book by Dan Roam: On the Back of the Napkin.
Graphical Resources: Modern Venn Intersection Diagram
To help you create intersection chart on a side, we designed an editable PowerPoint Venn Diagram to present overlapping relationships in a presentation.
The Venn Intersection Collection includes:
- 16 Venn diagrams, with 2, 3, 4 and 5 circles overlapping sets. We designed filled and outlined diagram versions, that is lighter (better for printing).
- 25 vector icons representing common business concepts such as person, value, commerce, idea
- 5 predesigned examples of problem visualization by Venn diagrams – customer satisfaction, best target client profile, personal savings, online marketing skills, coffee types
You can see the full slide deck clicking the button:
If you want more to get more extensive and creative graphics, check our Flat Multicolor Icons for Business.
How You Can Use the Venn Diagrams Template:
- Venn diagrams represent intersections between several categories. The most simple is a Venn diagram showing two sets A and B and their common and distinctive parts. Union of sets can represent joint characteristics of several problems or categories. This way you can explain complex problems show easily what is the key feature of your problems, what’s the main connection.
- Present how to solve problems using those Venn intersection diagrams illustration. By drawing a clear relation visualization among attribute sets. Works well if you have 2,3, 4 or 5 attributes. Venn diagram for over 6 categories can get too complex and hard to read.
- You can use the plain Venn diagrams as a printable worksheet to write inside. If needed remove colors and make transparent sets filling to get the simple outline of Venn diagrams.
- In social media Venn diagrams have been used to show some popular memes such as options of design demand: you get either good design or a cheap one or a fast one. Not all three at the same time :).