The next steps and follow-up concept frequently appears over various types of presentations, for example, business update meetings with your team or project planning gathering. In this blog, you can find visual metaphors expressing ideas of illustrating the next step concept, which you can add to slides and make them look attractive.
After planning a project what will be your next step? Signing a contract, getting an interview appointment or gathering a team, perhaps. Each properly facilitated meeting should be finished with a follow-up part, sharing responsibilities, setting next actions.
Let’s illustrate this important part of the presentation by some catchy visual symbols we have designed.
Design-neutral flat next steps, follow-up icons
Those are icons designed with simplicity in mind. Such symbols can add an impact to your topic without distracting from the clarity of your message. Below are some flat icon suggestions you can use:
- the sequence of procedure steps emphasizing the next step: simple flow chart created by a set of boxes and arrows
- the pictogram of direction: geographical map, destination symbol
- the arrow sign illustrating the direction of the development of the process
- other ideas of follow-up icons: open door – the idea of exit, footprint, bare feet – next steps metaphor, a paper sheet with a list of ToDo boxes
Creative unique hand-drawn next steps, follow-up concept icons collection
Next, to the style of neutral icons, you can consider hand-drawn scribble symbols and handcrafted Sketchnoting icons. Those are sketch-inspired graphical symbols that are perfect for adding a creative look to your visual metaphors. Using a smooth scribble style you can add a consistent look without sacrificing playfulness and will add a personal touch. Symbols you can use include:
- the male figure climbing up interpreting the following-up actions on the way of achieving a goal
- an icon of ToDo list document or speech bubble with numbers to indicate next in order actions
- flow chart boxes series of developing progress ( next step action) towards the deadlines
Modern elegant outline symbols for presenting next step, follow-up concept
Above we suggest some variants of outline symbols, which you can easily apply to any kind of presentation:
- road direction arrow sign highlighting the next steps
- entrance and exit symbols
- project milestone checkboxes depicted on flip-charts
- pictograms for presenting follow-up: map graphics, trend line chart
- ladder steps symbol
- priority To-Do list of 1,2,3 numbered items
We hope these ideas of follow-up symbols will help to make your presentation more engaging and meetings effective.
More concept icons ideas
Need to show another concept in a presentation? Leadership, Urgency, Status, Growth you name it. Check our ultimate Concept Visualization List blog post to get inspired and balance the informative part of your presentations.