This is a visualization from our slide design training where I was illustrating “1 = A+B+C” Rule from Nine Presentation Hints (by Prezentio.com). Here I will tell you about 1 message rule.
What should a presentation tell?
- 1: Have one main message to pass. No more, no less :). A single message you want your listeners to remember after the presentation. Think it over, what is the one point that should stay in their heads. Then make your whole presentation to support this point.
- A + B + C: Present three arguments supporting your main message. Three reasons why your message is important to your listeners. Enrich each argument by giving examples, stories, facts. Why three arguments? Because remembering three points is easy for all of us. Three keypoints have a strong impact. Adding more keypoints will make them weaker and they will not be any more the “KEY” points. You risk that your listeners will loose a track.
|Visualisation made in PowerPoint. Design elements from: http://www.infodiagram.com/|
This was rather fast and simple. There were only two things to visualize: structure of presentation and their common message:
- Structure of presentation, represented by sequence of slides: I choosed to show whole presentation from bird view, to underline „What’s a big picture” idea. Showing it as a long line of slides didn’t look good – it didn’t fit on screen on one side and when looking at last slide, you lost view on the first slide. So it was better to “break the lines”, and show it as more compact shape.
- Illustrating one message that all elements should support – I have chosen the curly brackets because it nicely fit the empty space on right side. Eventually I could make a big marker circle around the slides.
More ideas for presentation graphics
Check out these articles if you search for more inspiration how to visualize your presentation:
- Do it Yourself presentation infographics using Simple Flat Icons library
- How to visualize a concept – Strategy Illustration
- 3 diagram mistakes to avoid in slides design
Want to be notified when we make an announcement? Never miss out on creative presentation graphics and stay informed about our latest updates and news. We’ll also send you a Creative slide design guide with FREE hand drawn shapes for you to begin using right away!